Featured for National Park Week:
- An interview with feature photographer, QT Luong – Part 1: Yosemite
- Recreating the WPA Park Posters: Interview with Doug Leen, Ranger Doug’s Enterprises
- An interview with feature photographer, QT Luong – Part 2: Up and Down
- Project Yosemite: HD Time-Lapse Video in Yosemite National Park
- An interview with feature photographer, QT Luong – Part 3: Alaska’s Wilderness
Sure, you could wait for summer to get here, but with free entrance to all 58 national parks from April 21-29, why not get a head start during National Park Week?
Each spring, the National Park Service and National Park Foundation join together and offer free admission to all of the national parks for an entire week! Always wanted to explore the depths of Carlsbad Caverns or Mammoth Cave? Yearning to hear the waves crash against the shores of Acadia, Channel Islands or Biscayne Bay? Finally time to load up the family and hit the road to see Old Faithful and the rest of Yellowstone National Park?
Kicking off National Park Week on April 21, Volunteer Day offers visitors a chance to pitch in and help out at a national park. On April 28, National Junior Ranger Day gives youngsters a chance to “explore, learn, and protect” the amazing landscapes, historical landmarks and cultural treasures protected by the parks.
Graphic provided by National Park Foundation